"Check back on or before September 15th, 2012 to find out which small businesses will be able to fund their growth with $250,000 grants from Chase and Living Social"
So we will bite our nails till then.....
Thanks to everyone that helped us get 294 votes!
In case you want to see, here's our application:
· Tell us about your business; how successful is it and why is it unique?
We are the only open access hot glass studio in the Knoxville area. We offer classes in glassblowing, have open studio days, perform public demonstrations and produce art to enrich our community with donations to non profit institutions. We concentrate on combining recycled materials with glass forming to create one of a kind glass art sculpture.
· How is your business involved with the community you serve?
We offer classes, have open studio days, perform public demonstrations and create sculpture for donation to benefit non profit institutions in our area.
· What would a $250k grant mean to your business plan and how will you utilize the funds to ensure long-term growth and stability?
We would take this money and transform our hot glass shop into a solar business. This transformation would greatly reduce our overhead costs, allow us to expand our facility and offer more cultural enrichment for the community.
· What types of challenges can you identify with your plan and how will you overcome them?
The overall cost of going solar is too much for most businesses to sustain without subsides or grants.
· Describe the talent on your team and how they make your business successful.
The owner Matt Salley is a talented artist, always thinking about how to get art glass out to the people. Also, we are very happy to have our artist in residence, Chris Szaton, on staff to help with classes and to produce one of a kind upcycled art.
· Additional relevant information you would like to share
Art is our life and we want to share it with the world.